Search This Blog

Sunday, March 27, 2011

What is Dangerous books?

In an attempt to force myself to expand my world I am trying to read more books. But which books to read?
Freedom of expression and censorship are important to me; so I have oftened followed with interest news about governments, schools and religion banning certain novels or literature.
This is for several reasons; it is either too explicit, it criticises the organisation that banned it, or it promotes extreme or different ideas. They claim that these books will corrupt young minds, encourage them to do dangerous and unsocial acts.
My contention is that books expand your mind, even fiction and that it is narrow minded to ban a book because you don't like the content.

So I am going challenge authority by quietly curling up with what will hopefully be an interesting book.
Let us see if I should become corrupted, subversive or in some other way depraved by the written word!

Let the subversive corruption of my impressionable mind begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment